- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 onion sliced thinly
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp Bourbon
- 4 preformed beef patties
- Salt and black pepper
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 4 brioche buns sliced
- In a medium pan heat the olive oil until hot.
- Add the onion, brown sugar and Bourbon and cook over a low heat for about 1 hour or until the onions have become caramelized and thick. Set aside.
- Preheat your grill to high.
- Season each side of the beef patties with salt and pepper.
- Cook the burgers for about 5 minutes each side for medium-well done or less if you prefer more rare.
- Place a slice of cheese on each burger until melted.
- Transfer the burgers to a plate.
- Mix the mayonnaise and ketchup together.
- Spread some of the sauce onto the base of each bun.
- Place a burger on top of the sauce and top with some of the caramelized onions.
How do you Upshot?